Learners can record a video for immediate upload as part of their assignment, while on a course.
The assignment feature is available to all customers.
Admins must turn this feature on to make it available in the assignment module. See Courses: allow learners to create videos for assignments.
Video assignments for learners: overview
LearnUpon lets learners record a video for an assignment through their browser, using their device’s camera and microphone. They can upload the results immediately, without leaving their course.
This feature works with both desktop and mobile browsers.
The maximum size of a single video file is 15 minutes long, or 500 MB, whichever measure is reached first.
The maximum number of files of any format for an assignment is 5 files.
Admins with portal permissions can turn on this option for assignment modules.
After an admin turns on the option, learners can access this assignment option to record videos.
The learner’s browser may prompt them for permissions to use their camera and microphone to record the media.
Record a video for an assignment
Each assignment includes the Assignment Details entered by the instructor, and Your Response/Notes, where learners provide their answers.
- From the dashboard, the learner selects Launch to start the course, and navigates to the assignment module.
- From the assignment, the learner selects Your Response/Notes.
- From Your Response/Notes, the learner selects Record video now. LearnUpon opens a video feed from the device camera.
- The learner records the video using the recording controls onscreen.
- When the learner finishes the recording, they can review the video, and name the file.
- The learner selects either Discard or Upload:
- Discard deletes the video: this step is permanent
- Upload adds the video to the assignment
- When the assignment is complete, the learner selects Submit Assignment.
- In the confirmation dialog, they select Yes.
The following screenshot shows the learner’s view of an assignment’s Your Response/Notes with Record video now highlighted.