Members can receive credits for their external training activities, which they record in LearnUpon. Set up self-awarding credits, or require admin approval.
This feature is available to all customers on request. Contact the support team to add it to your portal.
Set up self-awarding credits
- From main navigation go to Settings > Associations Settings > Self Awarding.
- Toggle Enable Self Awarding.
- By default LearnUpon enables Self-award records require approval? when you enable self-awarding credits:
- If you do not require admin approval, disable the setting
- If you require admin approval, in Approving Users, enter names of admins in who can review external training
- Optional settings:
- Enter custom labels for 'External Training' panel label and 'Add External Credits' button label, to use names for training that your learners know and recognize. See Labels for external training, in detail
- Toggle Score is required so that learners must enter a score for their external activities. If enabled, admins who are approving credits for learners cannot override it
- Toggle Expiry date is required so that learners must enter an expiry date for their external training activities. If enabled, admins who are approving credits for learners cannot override it
- For Create a list of default events/items: enter training activities which learners can count towards learning credits. The comma-separated list appears in a dropdown menu, when learners add external credits to their training history
- Save to finish.
Labels for external training, in detail
If your organization uses specific professional development training programs or names, then you can change the labels to refer to those programs so they are easy for your learners to find and recognize on their dashboards.
In the previous screenshot, the external training labels changed to Self-directed CPD and Add self-directed CPD.
On a learner's dashboard you see Self-directed CPD as a course type.
The other label appears in the Action menu, when the learner adds new items to their external training.
Report external training
Admins can run a report on an individual learner's external training, using LearnUpon's reports function. See Reporting: overview for an introduction to reporting.
Note: if you change the 'External training' panel label, that custom label appears as the report option. The following screenshot from the Reports menu shows an example of a custom panel label.