LearnUpon can send several different types of automated emails to your users. This overview summarizes the auto-messages available, grouped by task.
Automated messages are available to all customers.
Create users and groups, and maintain accounts
- Portal Invite: Invite users to the portal. The email contains a link that creates a membership for the user in your portal. You can manually resend the invite email from the pending users section.
- Portal Invite Reminders: Remind users that they have an invite outstanding to your portal. You can send up to 3 reminders, at weekly intervals. The application sends reminders by default, but you can ask the Support team to disable them, or change the intervals.
- Group Invite: Invite new users to join a specific group in your portal. Users who already exist in your portal are just added to the group and don't receive an email.
- Self-register confirmation: Ask the user to confirm self-registration. LearnUpon recommends using this confirmation step, to reduce your spam risk. If required, you can disable it by navigating to Settings > Users > General Settings and disabling Require account confirmation.
- Password Reset: If the user selects Forgot Password on the sign-in page, this message lets them reset their password.
- Batch Summary: After a batch user upload, this email tells the admin if the batch upload is successful, and lists the errors if the upload failed.
- Add users to your portal for details about portal invites
- Group your users for details about group invites
- Upload users by batch CSV file for information about the batch summary
Enroll users and keep users and instructors informed
- Course Enrollment emails: Tell a user that they are enrolled on a course. The email provides a link to the portal, to begin the course. You can disable enrollment emails for the whole portal or just for individual courses.
- Learning Path enrollment: Tell a user that they are enrolled on a Learning Path. This email goes out if
- the Learning Path configuration lets your learners choose their courses, within the path
- the first course in the path is set for a future date, or is delayed
- Recertification enrollment: Tell a user that they are enrolled on a course, because they need to renew a certificate that is close to expiration.
- ILT/Ical enrollment: Provide an enrollment email with an Ical attachment, to users who enrolled on courses containing Instructor Led Training (ILT) modules.
- ILT Adjustment: Tell a user if the ILT session date or times are adjusted.
- ILT Cancellation Tell a user if the ILT session is cancelled.
- Enrollment Requests: Inform admins and managers if a user asks to enroll on a course through the catalog. You need to enable Enrollment must be requested In course settings.
- Rejected Enrollment Requests: Tell a user that their Enrollment Request was rejected.
- Exam Submission to Instructor: Tell an instructor that a user submitted an exam.
- Assignment submitted to Instructor: Tell an instructor that a user submitted an assignment.
- Assignment reviewed to learner: Tell a learner that an instructor has reviewed their assignment.
- Survey submission to course owner: Tell a course owner that a learner submitted a survey module.
- Review submission to course owner: Tell a course owner that a learner submitted a review.
- Course Completion: Tell a learner that they completed their course successfully. If the course assigns a certificate on completion, then the certificate is attached to the message.
- Enrollment Reminders: Tell a learner that they have not completed their enrollment.
- Due Date Reminders: Tell a learner that the due date on their enrollment is approaching.
- Course Past Due Date Reminders: Tell a learner that they have passed the due date on their course enrollment.
- Learning Path Past Due Date Reminders: Tell a learner that they have passed the due date on their Learning Path enrollment.
- Settings for a course: details, learner access and messaging options about course enrollment messages to learners, including reminders
- Instructor Led Training (ILT): overview for background about setting up ILTs
- Enrollments: manage enrollment requests from learners to background about email requests
- Exam options about messages to instructors
- Assignments: create an assignment for a course about feedback and notifications
eCommerce customer and purchase messages
- Purchase confirmation: Tell a learner that they completed their purchase successfully, provide a link to log in and begin their course.
- New Customer Sign-up: Confirm a new customer's account, after they've signed up through the store.
- Bulk Purchase: Tell a customer that their bulk purchase through the store was successful.
See eCommerce overview for settings about eCommerce notifications.
Receive automated reports
- Daily Users Created: Update all portal admins on how many users were created.
- Daily Course Completed: Update all portal admins about number of courses completed.
- Scheduled Reports: Send a scheduled report to an admin, with an option to send a copy (CC) to email addresses that don't exist in LearnUpon.
Stay informed about forum activity
- Emails to moderators: Tell the moderator every time a user creates a post within topics they moderate.
- Send Daily Summary: Send a roundup of the post activity from the previous day, to the post owner.
See Enable forums for your portal, and add topics about setting up email notifications.