For courses with 2+ modules, set the order that your learners access the modules. You can make exceptions for assignments and checklists.
This feature is available to all customers.
Sequencing and bypassing sequencing
When you add a second module to your course, LearnUpon offers additional options to manage your content. One option is to put the modules in a specific order, or sequence.
Sequence your content has 2 effects:
- sets the order of the modules which learners can access the course: learners cannot skip a module and return to it later
- requires learners to complete, or pass, their current module to access the next available module
For modules that contain assignments or checklists, LearnUpon lets you bypass sequencing for those module types.
Both assignments and checklists can require instructors to spend longer times with individual learners. After submitting an assignment or requesting assessment for a checklist, learners are waiting on the instructor to respond.
To avoid a "bottleneck", the Bypass sequencing options let learners continue the course, after submitting their assignment or requesting assessment. The rest of their course progress isn’t affected by the pace of the instructor’s assignment feedback or checklist reviews.
The options to bypass sequencing appear only if your course includes assignments or checklists.
Set content options to sequence course modules
- From main navigation go to Courses > course name.
- From center navigation, choose Content > Content Options.
- Turn on Sequence your content.
- Optional: for courses with assignments or checklists, select 1 or both of:
- Bypass sequencing for assignments
- Bypass sequencing for checklists
- Save to finish.
The following screenshot shows Content Options, with the bypass option for both module types turned on.