LearnUpon is developing the next generation of instructor-led training (ILT) features.
ILT Center features are available to all customers.
Webinar integrations and required session attendance are available depending on your LearnUpon plan.
Your Customer Support Manager (CSM) or the support team adds the feature to your portal.
Create ILT modules to hold sessions
ILTs in the Center hold your individual in-person and online sessions.
In the ILT Center you create the training once, and then modify it as needed. You can:
- add sessions as required, before or after publishing the course
- add multiple instructors
- define whether the module is required or not required to complete the course
- manage attendance
- add a waitlist
- add learners to sessions:
- automatically based on first available space
- manually through self-registration
- set up automated notifications to the course owner, instructors and learners
Once published, you can share the module across other courses.
You can change these details and settings as required, without republishing any courses that use the ILT.
The following screenshot shows an example ILT and its details.
Publish the course
After you create the ILT to hold sessions, you add it to one or more courses and publish them. You can add up to 5 ILTs to a course at one time, with or without sessions available.
The ILT acts as a placeholder for coming sessions. Add the sessions you need now or later, based on interest, demand and availability.
Add sessions to a module: as many as you need
After you create an ILT, you can maintain your training with new up to date sessions, without changing your published courses. Add more sessions with:
- in-person or online details
- new dates and times
- different instructors: either alternating sessions, or several instructors in 1 session
- different registration numbers, aka number of seats available
All customers have access to in-person ILTs. Customers using webinar integrations choose between in-person and online ILTs first, to determine which fields appear on the Schedule session page.
Note: Currently the ILT Center supports Zoom and MS Teams integrations only. You need to set up these integrations separately.
Register users automatically, manually or allow self-registration
Once enrolled on a course, you register users to specific sessions. Automatic registration puts learners in the first available session, adding learners in order of enrollment date. You can also
- choose manual registration by an admin or the training owner
- give learners the option to register themselves
You can offer both manual options at the same time. You can't offer automatic and manual registration at the same time.
Use a waitlist to add attendees, after cancellations
A waitlist can help you to plan future sessions, manage cancellations and prevent fully-booked ILT sessions from blocking course enrollments.
For courses with a lot of attendees, use the waitlist to find out how many attendees are waiting for a cancellation.
You can add attendees automatically or manually to sessions, if cancellations happen.
If you don't use a waitlist: once a course's numbers are met, you can't add more users to a session. Learners enrolled on a course that includes an ILT that is fully booked must wait until someone with permissions creates new sessions.
Add a waitlist to determine interest
Use the waitlist as a way to gauge interest in courses, before putting sessions on the schedule. When admins or managers add learners to a course, you can see how many learners need sessions.
If a course has a lot of learners waiting for sessions, you can schedule more sessions to respond to demand.
Manage session attendance
Set requirements for session attendance including:
- Not required: not attending doesn't affect the course outcome. Suitable for optional sessions
- Required: not attending affects the course outcome for learners. With this setting, you have 2 options:
- learners can attend another session
- learners do not complete the training
You set up these requirements before a session. You can't change session details after a session is over. For example: you can't make a session mandatory after the session happens.
You can access attendance records to mark attendance after a session starts.
Use API to manage ILT Center modules
The API's module parameter is changing to accommodate ILT Center modules. See ILT Center: changes to API parameter module id.
These changes in the API apply to ILT Center modules only: legacy ILT modules and other module types are not changing.
- ILT Center: create and edit an ILT module
- ILT Center: add an ILT module to a course
- ILT Center: create and edit sessions within a module
- ILT Center: register learners for sessions
- ILT Center: learner view of selecting and cancelling sessions
- ILT Center: record attendance for sessions
- ILT Center: cancel session registrations
- ILT Center: use a waitlist for future sessions
- ILT Center: changes to API parameter module id