Mark attendance on ILT sessions in the ILT Center.
ILT Center features are available to all customers.
Webinar integrations are available depending on your LearnUpon plan.
See ILT Center: overview and features for background about the ILT Center.
Attendance records: overview
You can record attendance manually for in-person sessions, and manually or automatically for online sessions.
You can mark attendance anytime after a session starts.
The Session attendance requirements you set in the ILT Center module, plus the learner’s attendance record, define the learners' result for this module:
- if you set attendance as Not required, learners complete the module even if they don’t attend the session. Suitable for optional training
- If you set attendance as Required, learners must attend the session, and be marked as Present to complete the module
For modules where you set attendance as Required, you choose what happens if learners don’t attend the session and are recorded as Absent:
- Can attend another session: this option puts learners back on the list of Unregistered learners. Depending on your module settings, an admin or training owner can register them again, or learners can register themselves for another session
- Do not complete the training: this option records the course as Not completed
After the session, you can edit the attendance record manually, if required.
Note: When you mark attendance manually for webinars, your manual record takes priority over LearnUpon’s automated record. A manual record, entered before or after LearnUpon updates attendance, is a conscious choice by a person. LearnUpon won’t overwrite manual entries.
Marking attendance records when learners can attend another session
For ILT Center modules that use Required > Can attend another session setting, LearnUpon limits your access to edit past session records.
The following screenshot shows Required > Can attend another session set in an ILT Center module.
Broadly: you can access the most recent session in the past only, to change an attendance record, if:
- the learner appears in Unregistered learners list
- the learner was recorded as Absent in their most recent past session, and is now registered on a future session for that module
If the most recent past session does not yet have an attendance record, you can’t access any earlier session attendance records.
When you edit attendance and set learner as Present, LearnUpon:
- records the session as Completed
- removes the learner from any future session registration for the same course, or from Unregistered learners list
When you set learner as Absent, LearnUpon:
- records the session as Not Completed
- keep the learner on any session registration for the same course, or on the Unregistered learners list
Depending on your module settings, an admin or training owner can register them again, or learners can register themselves for another session.
Using ILT Center modules in more than 1 course
LearnUpon’s modular structure means that ILT Center modules can form part of multiple courses. See ILT Center: add an ILT module to a course.
As a result, you can enroll learners in several courses that share a single ILT Center module.
When you enroll learners in courses at the same time that use a single ILT Center module, a single session can meet the attendance requirement for multiple courses. These courses share an ILT enrollment record.
When you enroll learners in courses over time that share an ILT Center module, learners need to attend separate sessions.
Specifically, when a learner reaches Complete status in the first course, LearnUpon generates a new enrollment record for the next course’s ILT Center module. The learner needs to repeat the module for any additional courses.
Mark or edit attendance for a session
- From main navigation select ILT Center > my ILT Center module.
- Select Sessions to view the sessions available.
- Select the individual session to view its time and date details, and any registered learners.
- Select Mark attendance.
- For the list of attendees, select:
- Present - optionally, enter number of minutes attended
- Absent - minute counter greys out
- Select Update.
- In the Submit attendance record? dialog that opens, select Submit.
The Session updates with attendance details.
The following screenshot shows an example of manual Mark Attendance, before selecting Submit.