The LearnUpon integration lets Salesforce admins edit layouts in Salesforce and add training widgets, to show:
- a list of courses for users, divided by status
- total counts of completions
The contact training widget is a Visualforce Page. If your team only use Salesforce Lightning Experience, LearnUpon recommends adding the training widget using the Lightning App Builder, so the widget can sit anywhere on the screen.
The steps listed illustrate adding the training widget in Salesforce Classic.
For Salesforce Lightning Experience, the same steps will display the widget in the Details tab.
Add a training widget
- From the Salesforce top navigation, or within All Tabs, select Contacts.
- Select any Contact to view their record.
- On the Contact page, select Edit Layout.
Tip: If you cannot see the Edit Layout option, you probably selected Edit in the previous step. Cancel, and try again.
- From Contact Layout, select Visualforce Pages, and look for the LearnUpon_Training_Widget app.
- Select the app and drag it down the screen until you find that you can drop it! Typically you can drop the app into the Additional Information area: see screenshot example.
- Select Properties (wrench icon) to edit settings.
- From Visualforce Page Properties, ensure that you select set a height of 300 pixels > Show scrollbars > OK.
- In the Contact Layout screen, select Save to finish.
See the finished training widget loading LearnUpon content, as shown in the screenshot.
Select Fullscreen to see the whole training history for the Contact.
Use the training widget with multiple connected LearnUpon portals
If you connect your Salesforce environment to multiple LearnUpon portals, the training widget shows a list of portals where your contacts have a membership. See: Connect your Salesforce environment to multiple LearnUpon portals.
To ensure your users can see a list of available portals, provide read access to the objects LearnUpon Portals and LearnUpon Portal Memberships, either through user profiles or the LearnUpon permission set.
- Salesforce: add a training widget to user profiles for other training widget options
- Salesforce: set up LearnUpon and add a tab for all users for intro to Salesforce-LearnUpon setup