Enrollment requests let managers and admins view, approve or reject enrollments by learners.
Enrollment features are available to all customers.
When you set up an internal catalog of courses for your organization, learners can enroll themselves on cataloged courses by default.
You can change the default, to require manager or admin approval for self-enrollments, at the portal level. Enrollment requests let managers and admins choose who to enroll first: for example, let learners who have mandatory training requirements enroll ahead of other learners.
Permissions to manage enrollment requests: admins and managers
Admins with access to portal settings can turn on Enrollment Requests for the portals they administer.
Admins can view, approve or reject enrollment requests without restrictions.
For managers to enroll learners and groups:
- the managers' permissions must include Can enroll learners on courses - see Managers: set permissions to manage groups
- the group permissions must allow managers to approve enrollments - see Managers: set permissions to manage groups
- the course's Additional Settings must allow managers to enroll learners - see Courses: Additional Settings to manage learners' access to a course
Tip: The term manager in LearnUpon applies to a user who manages a group within the portal. These users have specific permissions associated with the group they manage. The manager user type is not inherently linked to management roles within your organization.
Enable enrollment requests on the portal
- From main navigation go to Settings > Courses > General Settings.
- From Enrollment Requests, turn on Enable enrollment requests.
- From Notification Interval, select how often LearnUpon sends enrollment requests to the learner's group manager:
- Instant - receive enrollment requests as they happen
- Summarized - receive a list of notifications once a day
- Save to finish.
With Enrollment Requests available for the portal, you can turn on enrollment approval course by course. See Add courses to your catalog to set enrollment requests on a course.
Approve or reject enrollment requests
- From main navigation go to Enrollments.
- From secondary navigation choose Enrollment Requests to view the learner names and the courses they requested.
- You can:
- approve or reject individuals by selecting the check mark or X icons
- select several people from the list by selecting the box next to their names and choosing Approve All or Reject All
- choose Select all on this page, then choose Approve All or Reject All, for a mass action
- In the confirmation dialog, select Yes to finish.
Tip: for large numbers of requests, you can filter requests by user, course name or group.
When request processing is finished, LearnUpon sends you a confirmation email.