To support training for your Salesforce contacts, you can import and sync your contacts to LearnUpon, even if the contacts do not have a login license for Salesforce. There are 3 ways to perform the import and sync.
Import Salesforce contacts to LearnUpon
Note: This method is limited to contacts in Salesforce with email addresses.
- As admin, log in to your LearnUpon portal and search for your contacts that you need to import.
- From main navigation menu > Users.
- From the actions menu, select Import Salesforce Contacts.
- Select your contacts, and choose Create User or Invite User. Inviting contacts adds the contact to your LearnUpon portal as a pending user. An invite email goes to their email address. The contact needs to accept the invite to join the portal.
Your Salesforce Contacts can now log in to LearnUpon and access their training. When your Salesforce contacts use LearnUpon, their training records are automatically synced to your Salesforce environment.
Batch upload contacts from Salesforce to LearnUpon
Access your LearnUpon portal, and upload a file of contacts to LearnUpon using the batch upload facility.
- Login to your LearnUpon portal, as an admin user.
- Follow instructions from Upload users by batch CSV file.
- Ensure that you select Uploaded file contains Salesforce Contacts.
This setting tells LearnUpon that your file contains email addresses of contacts in your Salesforce environment. LearnUpon attempts to sync and import your contacts as a result.
Note: you cannot upload more than 1,000 rows of Salesforce contacts at once.
For large batch uploads, contact your Customer Success Manager to discuss options.
Send Salesforce contact and user identifiers using the LearnUpon API
If you use the LearnUpon API, or are integrating with the API in the future, you can send the Salesforce Contact Id or User Id when creating or inviting a user for LearnUpon.
When sending the Id information, LearnUpon checks Salesforce data, to ensure that the record exists prior to allowing the API call to complete successfully. See the LearnUpon API documentation.
Live contact training widgets and data
You can add a widget to your contacts and view the summary data of your contacts. For example, you can edit the contact profile page to add the LearnUpon widget to there. The widget provides basic summary information of your contacts' current training records in LearnUpon, and in real-time/live viewing.
See Salesforce: add a training widget to user profiles and follow the same procedure for your contact layouts.