Resources let you to make content like as documents and videos available to your learners, outside of a course enrollment. Resources are shared through the portal library, or by a direct link.
Resources are available to all customers.
Resources provide learners quick access to items like manuals, videos and studies for reference, without repeating a course.
You can make resources easier to find by adding portal categories, by adding tags and by turning on Show on resources tab? option.
Note: At least one resource in the portal must have Show on resources tab? setting turned on before the Resources tab is available to learners.
To use categories with resources, you need to set up categories for the portal. See Categories: create and assign searchable categories for your portal.
You can also restrict access to resources to specific groups.
Files uploaded as a resource must:
- use an allowed file type: see File types supported in course modules: overview. If your file format is not on the list, you can upload your files as a .ZIP file
- be 500MB or less in size
Topics covered in this article:
Only admins can create, manage and share resources in a portal.
Create a resource
The required steps are to create a resource and upload a file. The file description and all the access settings are optional.
- From the main navigation, go to Library > Resources.
- From the action menu select Add resource.
- Title: The name of the resource, visible to learners
- Tags (optional): A comma separated list of tags or keywords that is searchable for learners looking for resources
- Save to open the next section.
The following screenshot shows Basic info of a sample resource.
Upload a file and set access options
- From Resource File select Upload File.
- Select a file from your computer to upload. Your upload is complete when you see the file name and size in Resource file.
- Select Add Description to enter a text description. This description is visible to learners if you make the resource available through the Resource tab.
- From Accessibility, turn on Show on resources tab to make the resource available to learners on the portal, outside of access through a course. The default setting is off.
- From Resource categories, select any categories to apply to the resource.
- From Further restrict access by Group? select groups who can access the resource.
- Save to finish.
The following screenshot shows the access options for a sample resource.
- Categories: create and assign searchable categories for your portal
- File types supported in course modules: overview
- Manage resource files
- Share a resource