Allow customers to buy courses on behalf of other learners, and in bulk quantities.
eCommerce is available to all customers.
Bulk purchases let buyers buy courses in volume, even if the buyer doesn't yet know who will take the course. For example, a manager can order places on a training course for their team, before deciding who will attend.
Upon payment the buyer receives an enrollment link (or an invite link for new learners) and login codes for each place on a course, to share with their learners.
If you don’t have learner names and emails ready: you receive the bulk purchase codes and a link to redeem the code by email.
Note: This link to a verification code screen is the only place you can use bulk purchase codes. These codes are different from portal or course coupons.
See eCommerce: create coupons for a course or learning path, or for a portal and eCommerce: control access to a free course with a coupon to learn about coupons.
The following screenshot is a sample of the verification code interface.
To access bulk purchase options, you need to turn on eCommerce features on your portal. See Collection: eCommerce to get started.
Enable bulk purchases in your store
- From main navigation, go to Settings > eCommerce > General Settings.
- Select Allow Bulk Purchase.
- Save to finish.
The following screenshot shows the General Settings with Allow Bulk Purchase highlighted.
Bulk purchases with coupons
When someone makes a bulk purchase of courses with a coupon of any kind, LearnUpon treats the bulk purchase as a single item.
- a customer buys 10 courses through the Bulk Purchase option in the online store
- at checkout, they enter a course coupon for 25% off
- since LearnUpon treats the 10 courses as a single purchase, the buyer gets 25% off all the courses
To offer discounts on bulk purchases:
- tailor coupon codes for bulk buyers. Set up coupons that offer a fixed currency discount rather than a percentage
- for a portal coupon, set Only apply if cart contains to a minimum number of items to buy, so the coupon doesn’t apply to a single bulk purchase
Buyer view: buying courses as a bulk purchase
From the eCommerce site:
- Select a course and Add to cart, to access the bulk purchase option.
- In the cart total dialog, look for and select Click Here associated with bulk purchasing, to open the bulk purchase dialog.
- In the Bulk Purchase dialog:
- enter the Number of users
- state if that number includes the buyer, Yes or No
- state if you're providing learner names and email addresses or not: if Yes, the dialog changes to let you enter names and email addresses
The buyer selects Next Step: Checkout.
From Payment dialog, enter a coupon code, if available, and select Apply to see the discount applied to your Total.
Select Next Step: Payment to continue the transaction, following the payment gateway prompts.
The following screenshot shows a buyer’s cart with the the bulk purchasing option highlighted.
The following screenshot shows the Bulk Purchase dialog with an example of buying 10 courses, without names and email addresses.
The following screenshot shows the Payment dialog for a store that uses PayPal, with Coupon Code highlighted.