You can sell any course you publish on your portal.
eCommerce is available to all customers.
To widen access and help learners find courses by browsing your store, you can add Course Categories, which act like tags to group courses by topic or requirement together. You create categories for the whole portal, then "tag" your courses with categories.
To limit sellable courses to particular audiences, you can restrict access to courses by group. See Create groups, and assign users to groups.
Only admins with full portal permissions can set up the eCommerce features. See Portal setup: create admin accounts.
To access the Store settings, you need to turn on eCommerce features on your portal. See Collection: eCommerce to get started.
Add a published course to your store
This procedure is about making a course sellable only. For how-tos about other options related to sales, see eCommerce: set up sales tax and eCommerce: control access to a free course with a coupon.
- From main navigation, go to Courses > your course.
- From the course Info, select Sales.
- From Sales Settings , turn on Course is sellable?
- Enter a price for your course. If you set up memberships on your portal, you can set separate prices for members, non-members and other membership types.
- add Course Categories, to help learners find your course while browsing
- limit which LearnUpon groups can access the course. In Further restrict access by Group? search and select group names
- Save to finish.
Tip: select View in store to preview the course as it appears to buyers in your online store.
The following screenshot shows the settings for an example course with Membership Pricing, Course Categories, and no group restrictions.
- Collection: eCommerce
- eCommerce: create and sell course bundles
- eCommerce: set up sales tax
- eCommerce: control access to a free course with a coupon
- Categories: create and assign searchable categories for your portal