Sell your courses or learning paths online with LearnUpon's eCommerce feature.
This feature is available to all customers.
If you have an existing online store where you want to sell courses, see Redirect to an existing online store.
Only admins with full portal permissions can set up the eCommerce features. See Portal setup: create admin accounts.
By default, all admins can access course content, and change course settings like whether a course is sellable, or is part of a bundle.
A course owner can make their own courses sellable through the online store. See Courses: role of the course owner.
Set up eCommerce on your portal
The storefront won't appear online until you set up at least one payment gateway. Without a payment method, your store URL generates an error.
- From main navigation go to Settings > eCommerce > General Settings.
- From General Settings:
- Select eCommerce Enabled
- Select Currency: Choose between USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD and NZD
- Allow Bulk Purchase: Select to let customers buy courses on behalf of other learners, and in bulk quantities
- Enable Course Bundles: Select to sell a bundle of courses together as one product on your store
- Additional settings manage several store options and routine transactions:
- Your portal landing page: direct users to the Store page, or the portal Login page
- Order store items: choose Alphabetically or Newest first
- Prioritize bundles and learning paths: select this option to make these items appear first in your store list
- Enable ILT Calendar browsing on your store: let buyers find ILT offerings using the Live Sessions Calendar widget
- Disable sign-up confirmation requirement prior to purchase: let buyers shop from their first login
- Send purchase confirmation emails: buyers get an email message when they buy your products
- Hide course release dates on your store: choose whether to show release dates, based on how often you update your courses
- Save to finish.
After saving the initial setup, several new tabs appear in secondary navigation.
Set up Paypal or Stripe to process payments, or you can set up both. See:
If you use Shopify, you need to disable other payment systems. See:
Store: add your brand with colors, logos and video
Tailor the appearance of the store, and include your brand colors and logos. See:
- eCommerce: add your brand with color, logos, images and video
- Image sizes overview for optimal image sizes and resolution details
Coupons: offer courses at discount, or for free
You can create coupons for a single course, or to apply across the portal. You set limits on their use with maximum uses, or with expiry dates. See:
- eCommerce: add coupons to a course or a portal
- eCommerce: control access to a free course with a coupon
Add courses and course bundles to the store
Choose which courses to sell: individual courses, courses with instructor-led training (ILTs), learning paths, or create course bundles for volume discounts. You can also enable bulk purchasing.
- eCommerce: make a course available for sale
- eCommerce: sell courses with ILT (Instructor-Led Training) modules
- eCommerce: create and sell course bundles
- eCommerce: allow bulk purchase of courses
If your country requires sales tax on eLearning, see: eCommerce: set up sales tax.
Ensure users agree to your eCommerce site's terms. See Portal setup: add terms for your portal.
SEO, Google Analytics & Social
See eCommerce: set up Google Analytics, keywords, and social media links to learn how to draw searches to your store, and connect your store to your social media accounts.
Tips for sharing and promotions
You can edit existing store URLs, so the link takes users straight to a store cart, with the product selected. These links are good for partner pages with Buy Now buttons, or for using in email promotions.
Redirect to an existing online store
To use an existing online store to sell your courses:
- enable eCommerce
- set up a payment gateway
- redirect this store to your own with the Custom Store URL
- For Custom Store URL, redirect users from the LearnUpon to your shop:
- Toggle Enable Custom Store URL.
- Enter your existing Custom Store URL.
- Save to finish.
See the screenshot example for a custom store URL.
Note: Direct links to courses in your LearnUpon portal's store take learners to your LearnUpon payment gateway.