Let learners record a video for immediate upload as part of their assignment, while on a course in LearnUpon.
The assignment feature is available to all customers.
Video assignments: overview
LearnUpon lets learners record a video for an assignment through their browser, using their device’s camera and microphone. They can upload the results immediately, without leaving the course.
This feature works with both desktop and mobile browsers.
Within the assignment the learner can:
- record a video
- review the recording
- save the video with a meaningful name
- upload the video, or discard it to record again.
Discarding a video is permanent: you can't retrieve a discarded video.
After uploading the video to the assignment, the learner can still delete any uploaded files, before submitting the assignment.
The maximum size of a video file is 15 minutes long, or 500 MB, whichever measure is reached first. The maximum number of files of any format for an assignment is 5 files.
As an admin, you turn this option on to make it available for assignments.
This option applies to the whole portal: you can’t turn it on or off at the course level.
Admins with portal permissions can turn on this option for assignment modules.
After an admin turns on the option, learners can access this assignment option to record videos.
The learner’s browser may prompt them for permissions to use their camera and microphone to record the video.
Set up video recording option in assignment modules
- From main navigation go to Settings > Courses > General Settings.
- From Assignments, select Allow learners to record assignment videos.
- Save to finish.
The following screenshot shows Assignments with the default setting for the video option.
- Assignments: create an assignment for a course
- Portal: set default options for access to course content
- Learner view: record a video for an assignment