A checklist of content and enrollment history tasks to prepare for migration.
This feature is available depending on your LearnUpon plan.
Contact your Implementation Consultant or Customer Success Manager to discuss.
- Create the required portal and sub portal(s) on LearnUpon
- Create a list of subdomains of portal(s), the destinations for your migrated data
- Send a summary of training data counts for review to LearnUpon. The summary includes a breakdown of the number of records that are completed or not-started/in-progress grouped by year. For example:
- 2016: 134,000 Completed, 23,000 In Progress/Not Started
- 2017: 250,000 Completed, 39,000 In Progress/Not Started
.... and so forth
- Decide which year for which status:
- Completed status: use the year of completion
- Not Started or In Progress status: use the year of enrollment on the course
- Create and publish your courses in LearnUpon. Ensure that all courses are set to Published. To publish a course, you need at least one module per course
- Disable all reminder notifications on all courses
- Ensure that any ILT sessions have enough capacity for any records being generated by the migration
- Confirm you have enough licenses for migrated records
- Create and import the required certificates and link to the appropriate courses within LearnUpon
- Enable any credits that you award for your courses
- If you use gamification, set up badges and points, and tell LearnUpon that gamification is required during the migration
- Create all Users in your target portal setting:
- first name
- last name
- any custom data
- You can use batch upload for this process.
- You can include users with their login disabled for the enrollment migration
Migration Data File Creation
LearnUpon checks the data file to ensure data integrity. Assuming the file is valid, LearnUpon migrates the data into the target portal specified.
If the data file is invalid, the file is reported back to you for further action, to correct the file prior to re-attempting the migration.
LearnUpon can process up to 100K rows in one file, including the column header. If your data takes up more than 100K rows, you need to divide your data into multiple files.
- Include all columns in the template: leave a column blank if you have no data, but keep it in the file
- Make sure column headings in the file are as specified in the template
- All email addresses or usernames match a created user in LearnUpon
- All course names in file exactly match those in LearnUpon: for example, “Intro Health and Safety” is not the same as “Intro H&S”. Remove course version numbers. These courses meet the course requirements
- Fill out, in full, all data that you are migrating into LearnUpon
- Ensure that any dates are in a d/m/yyyy format, with optional zero-padding, and do not predate 1970
- Have no more than one non-completed status per user per course
- All enrollments with a score have a status of passed or failed, and vice versa
- Ensure that the overall score is a whole number, without decimals
- Send the completed migration file to LearnUpon
- Ensure that the completed file is in .CSV format
- Ensure that the completed file is encoded as UTF-8