Big changes are coming to LearnUpon's user interface, creating a revamped & unrivalled experience that will help to deliver your programs in a way that's (even more!) engaging and learner-friendly.
To make these transitions easier for you and your team, we have created this guide so you know what to expect now, next, and later, and so you and your team can familiarize yourself with what’s changing.
Note: If you have any questions please contact your Customer Success Manager or Team, or reach out to the LearnUpon Support team.
Icons, font & Gamification badges
- Introducing sleeker, more contextual navigation icons for easier access to features and functionality
- Switching to a new font type (‘Inter’), designed for greater on-screen readability
- Replacing existing ready-made Gamification badge icons (the visual element of achievement and participation for learning, activities and levels) with a new pack. Note: This change will only replace the badge icons available by default within your LearnUpon portals.
Note: Icons, font & Gamification badge changes were applied automatically in portals on November 15, 2022.
Visual changes will provide learners with easier access to Resources, and include several search and filter options:
- Filter by ‘Type’, for example Image, Document, Video, Audio
- Filter by ‘Category’ for categories you have created for your portal
- Filter by resources ‘Available for download’
Note: The new look Resources page was applied automatically in portals on December 06, 2022
We’re putting the user front and center with the new look My Profile page, and making it easier for users to access and edit their settings with a number of improvements including:
- The addition of a ‘Select language’ option
- Ability to switch to ‘Edit’ mode to update basic information like their user image, or adjust their settings and other profile information
Note: The new look My Profile page was applied automatically in portals on December 06, 2022.
Over the next few months and beyond we are reimagining how learners discover and engage with courses in the Catalog to make self-serve learning more personalized and impactful.
As the first iteration of improvements to the page, we are introducing a new look and feel; moving the sort, search and filter options center-stage along the top for ease of access and switching to a “grid view” to enable more visual discovery.
There’s lots more to come as we reimagine the Catalog so watch this space for more improvements!
Note: This first stage of Catalog improvements will not be applied automatically. If you would like to make use of it and request to enable it for your portal(s), please contact your Customer Success Manager or Team.
What to expect next
Over the next few months and beyond we’re making a series of improvements including:
- A fresh and exciting new Dashboard, helping your learners find the most important and relevant content, and enhancing motivation with clear progress and achievements.
- Reimagining how learners discover and engage with courses in the Catalog to make self-serve learning more personalized and impactful.
Note: Items above are subject to change. Please revisit this page to get the latest update.
Here are a few of the latest changes to LearnUpon’s user interface, now live in all customer portals:
New Navigation Bar for Learners
For learners, we introduced a new Primary Navigation bar - a simpler, more direct route for your learners to find the learning they need.
With the new layout:
- The Primary Navigation will be moved to the header section and fixed in its position so the Learner has a clear overview of what’s available to them in your platform when they log in, and has “one-click” access to the different screens.
- Learners can clearly see where they are in the platform - with the selected option highlighted as a marker.
- And the Header section has a new look and feel to accommodate these changes - with the size of the search bar reduced to give space for the new menu options.
See Learner view: navigating LearnUpon about the learner interface.
Note: The new Learner Navigation was applied automatically in portals on September 27, 2022.
New Admin Navigation Pane - for Admins, Instructors, and Managers
For administrators (managers and instructors too!), we introduced a new Admin Navigation pane, with one-click access to core areas of the admin platform.
With the new layout:
- You will see a different navigation menu than you would as a Learner, reflecting the need for more space to house more configuration options.
- The Primary Navigation will be moved to a navigation pane on the left-hand side and fixed in its position so you have a clear overview of what’s available in the platform when you log in, and have “one-click” access to the different screens.
- You can clearly see where you are in the platform - with the selected option highlighted as a marker.
- Menu items are listed by what’s most popular.
- And you can minimize the navigation pane so you have more space on the page to work with.
See Navigating LearnUpon as an admin, manager or instructor about the interface changes for these user types.
Note: The new Admin Navigation was applied automatically in portals on September 27, 2022.
We updated the pages of the login experience, to make it easier for you and your learners to access LearnUpon.
With this update:
- The pages of the login experience (the “Login” page, “Create account” page and so on) have a new look and feel.
- On the Login page, you have a larger customization area on the left-hand side of the screen.
See Customize your login page about the redesigned login experience.
Note: The new login experience was applied automatically in portals on September 27, 2022.