Admins and managers can run learning path reports, to see how many users have progressed on their learning paths.
This feature is available to all customers.
The learning path report option appears once you have learning paths available on the portal.
Access permissions to learning path reports
Admins can run a learning path report without restrictions.
Managers can run learning path reports for the users they manage, if those users are enrolled in learning paths.
The rule of thumb: if the manager can view the user's profile, then the manager has permissions to run the learning path report, and it can display a user's progress on the learning path.
This permission applies even if the manager didn't enroll the user on the path.
To use the report you need published learning paths on the portal. You can't run reports on draft learning paths. See:
- Learning paths: create a path, add courses, set progression and publish about setting up learning paths for the portal, plus creating and publishing a path
- Enroll individual users onto a learning path
- Enroll groups on a learning path
Run a learning path report
When you run a report, you get an onscreen display version for quick review, and an option to download to CSV or PDF.
Tip: Downloaded reports are more complete and detailed than onscreen displays, with more columns of data. If you're new to reports, download samples of each report to find out what's available.
- From main navigation go to Reports.
- From Report Type select Learning Paths to open the reports filter page.
- Select the learning paths you need for this report.
- Add any filters to narrow the report focus. Choose from:
- Date range
- Membership type, if associations are active on your portal
- User status
- User type
- Custom user data, if custom user data is in use on your portal
- Select Run Report to finish.
- Optionally: select Export to Excel or Export to PDF, to generate complete downloadable files of the report.
To start over with a new report, select Reset Filters.
The following screenshot shows the Learning Paths report options for a sample path.
The following screenshot shows an example of filtering by custom user data.