Enable learners to post their completed courses to Twitter and LinkedIn.
This feature is available to all customers.
Social sharing applies to individual courses, but not learning paths.
With social sharing enabled, learners see a prompt to share their successful completed courses and certificates:
- Twitter: after the learner logs in to Twitter, LearnUpon provides a default editable text that inserts the course name and portal name. As admin you can add default hashtags to this text.
- LinkedIn: after completing a course with a certificate, the application prompts learners to log in to LinkedIn and add the certificate to their account. Certificates appear listed in the learner's profile, under Licenses & Certifications.
For LinkedIn sharing: ensure the course has a certificate associated with it, so there is content to share. See Set up course certificates for a how-to about this step.
The following screenshot shows the prompts to share a result, as they appear on a thumbnail image on a learner's dashboard.
If you set up courses with completion notifications, learners get an email after completing the course, encouraging them to share their results. If there's a certificate associated with the course, it's attached to the email.
See Course notifications: set automated messages for course events about setting notifications.
The following screenshot shows an example email with social sharing prompt.
Enable learners to post their completed courses to social accounts
- From the dashboard go to Settings > Courses > Social Sharing.
- In the Twitter and LinkedIn cards, select Enabled for one or both social media.
- add Hashtags to appear in the default Twitter text
- enter a Promotional URL to replace the portal URL in all Twitter and LinkedIn posts shared by learners
- Save to finish.
- Course notifications: set automated messages for course events