LearnUpon values your feedback and is dedicated to continuously implementing new features to further improve the LMS. Our product roadmap is shaped by you - our customers. We focus on building the features and products you need to succeed.
- Better exam experiences - for learners and admins
- Multi-portal training history in Salesforce v1.14
- Introducing v2.4 of the iOS App
- Self-service training is more efficient than ever
- Coming soon
- Important upcoming changes
Better exam experiences - for learners and admins
We have improved the exam experience for Learners, giving them as much instruction as possible, reducing the number of requests learners raise to reset an exam.
We have introduced a new exam protocol overview outlining what the learner can expect in the exam, based on what is defined in the Exam set up. For example, this includes the number of questions and time to complete, if relevant. Pop-ups and informational messages during the exam help to remind the learner of these details.
The Previous question button is hidden unless the exam setup allows learners to return to earlier questions. Selecting the browser Back button prompts a pop-up asking the learner to confirm they want to leave the page - ensuring learners don’t leave the exam accidentally.
Multi-portal training history in Salesforce v1.14
It’s now possible to see all details of a Contact’s training history across their multiple portal memberships within Salesforce.
When viewing a Contact in Salesforce, the LearnUpon Training widget displays a drop-down menu, where you can toggle between the user’s training history for each portal they are a member of.
This fully responsive Training widget can now be viewed in full screen, and is supported in Lightning Experience and Classic, as well as Salesforce mobile.
Introducing v2.4 of the iOS App
The newest version of the LearnUpon iOS app automatically picks up your portal’s custom branding configurations to give Learners a consistent experience between browser and app.
Reinforce brand identity with your portal’s logo, branding colours, and course thumbnails while the addition of profile images builds a personalized look and feel for the end user to drive engagement.
To access the iOS app, learners simply download the LearnUpon app from the App Store, then login as usual.
This version also includes:
- improvements to the UI of the Course overview and Messaging screens, including new message headers to group messages into Today, Yesterday, This Week and Before That
- an updated toolbar including Enrollments pending review and Assignments pending review
Self-service training is more efficient than ever
To ensure LearnUpon's Catalog feature best supports informal, self-service training, we have streamlined the experience to launch courses quicker. There is now the option to allow Learners to avoid any confirmation dialogs when starting a course from the Catalog. This change brings the learner straight into the first module of the Course, minimizing effort and maximizing convenience.
For joint Degreed and LearnUpon customers, this enrollment option makes LearnUpon's Catalog feature in Degreed more efficient than ever.
Earlier this year, we communicated a change to the way our platform handles Course Counter Stats, enabling our platform to perform even faster. To enable more accurate and timely Course Counter Stats, updates are now processed in the background at 15min intervals instead of when changes are made.
- For joint LearnUpon and Degreed customers: we are making improvements to the User Sync functionality where Users are added or updated via Degreed’s batch upload facility
- An extension to the API to create ILT sessions from third-party systems. Sessions can be created with details including title, capacity, timezone, time and date, and instructor, among others
Important upcoming changes
- RTMP deprecation: On November 18th, 2020, Real-time Messaging Protocol (RTMP), a Flash-specific transport for real-time video, audio, and data, will be deprecated. This change is in advance of LearnUpon’s cloud hosting provider AWS discontinuing support for RTMP by end of year. You should not notice any difference to your video quality or load time. Please note that videos previously streamed using Flash player are now streamed using HTML5 player by default
- Support Desk user authentication: In the coming weeks, we are adding an extra layer of security to our Support Desk. Before accessing the ticket facility, portal administrators who have not verified their account will be prompted to review their recorded email and we will send a verification email to that address to approve support access. This is a one-time email verification per administrator, per portal.