Connect your eCommerce store to Shopify: once connected, LearnUpon redirects your customers to your Shopify storefront.
The eCommerce feature is available to all customers.
Contact the support team and ask them to turn on your portal's Shopify option.
To set up Shopify in LearnUpon, you need to:
- set up a Shopify account for your organization, to link to your LearnUpon online store
- disconnect any other payment gateways linked to your LearnUpon portal
See Shopify's Help Center for guidance about setting up Shopify for your organization. LearnUpon is not responsible for content off this website.
Note: Shopify does not allow bulk purchases.
Only admins with full portal permissions can set up the eCommerce features. See Portal setup: create admin accounts.
Set up Shopify
Once Support turns on Shopify on your portal, you can configure your preferences as follows:
- From primary navigation go to Settings > eCommerce Settings > Payment Gateways.
- From Shopify Settings, enter your shop name and select Connect with Shopify.
- Shopify provides a code with a short script to add to your shop. Copy & paste this into your Shopify store settings, as directed onscreen. This code automatically enrolls learners who buy courses on the Shopify store.
See the screenshot for an example of the code to add to your shop.
Changes to eCommerce settings
LearnUpon removes the following eCommerce settings in your portal, because Shopify provides the functionality instead:
- Add Logo, Description/Terms & Conditions to your store
- SEO & Google Analytics
- Add Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn
- Portal Coupons
- General settings > Hide course release dates on your store
- General settings > Disable sign-up confirmation requirement prior to purchase
Connect LearnUpon courses with Shopify store items
You need to set up the products in your Shopify store, before linking them to your LearnUpon portal.
- From primary navigation go to Courses > course name.
- Select Sales to view a list of the products you have available in Shopify.
- Select the matching product on Shopify, to link it to your current course.
Select x Remove to change the product on Shopify.
Buying courses: workflow
After a learner buys a course in Shopify, the Shopify application redirects them to a Thank You page.
If a buyer has a LearnUpon account, they are logged in automatically using that account, and redirected to their dashboard.
If the buyer does not have a LearnUpon account, they are prompted to create a password for their account when they are directed to LearnUpon for the first time.