Configure the search engine optimization (SEO) and social media options to promote your store.
eCommerce is available to all customers.
Add social media features to your store
- From primary navigation choose Settings > E-Commerce Settings > SEO, Google Analytics & Social.
- In SEO Keywords, add keywords separated by commas: see SEO keywords.
- In SEO Snippet, add a short description of your store: see SEO snippet.
- In Google Analytics, enter a tracker code for your Google Analytics account.
- In Add Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn card (read more):
- select Click here to add your Twitter feed to log in to Twitter and connect your account to your LearnUpon store
- add the full URL to your Facebook page
- add the full URL for your LinkedIn page
- Select Save to finish.
Search engines use keywords to index your store and make your store easier to find. Potential customers are more likely to find your products if your keywords match the words and phrases they use when searching for this type of product.
To make the most of keywords for search engine optimization:
- enter keywords that also appear in your Short Description (via Settings > eCommerce > Store), and your SEO Snippet. Re-using and repeating words between your Description, SEO Keywords and SEO Snippet greatly improves your indexing/ranking
- less is more: keyword characters are not limited, but LearnUpon recommends up to 70 characters for all your keywords combined
- enter keywords in order (left to right) based on how potential customers enter them. Search
engines rank keywords based on their order, reading left to right
The SEO Snippet is a short description of your store to help search engines find it. This snippet does not appear on the page to your users, only to search engines. Some tips:
- enter words that appear in your Short Description and SEO Keywords. Re-using and repeating words between your Description, SEO Keywords and SEO Snippet greatly improve your ranking
- avoid long descriptions: be short, clear and concise. This snippet can appear on the Google search results page for example, when your store returns in a search result
If you have a Google Analytics account, you can create a tracker code, to embed on your store pages. The tracker code lets you analyze the information on your Google analytics dashboard.
See Google's Analytics site for more advice about using Google Analytics and SEO to build your store.
LearnUpon is not responsible for content outside the LearnUpon website.
Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn accounts
You can use your Twitter feed, and Facebooks and LinkedIn pages to direct learners to the store.
When you add links to these accounts, a social media section appears in your store, reflecting your social media content.