Customize your portal email address to have system notifications come from your email domain instead of firstname.lastname@example.org.
This feature is available depending on your LearnUpon plan.
A custom notifications email address is part of the white-label options for portals. See White-label your portal with a custom URL for background.
Set up custom email in LearnUpon
- Navigate to Settings > My Portal > White-Labelling.
- In Custom Email Address select Enable custom email address.
- Enter your custom email address in Reply to address and Save.
- Select following records to see the verification records.
Note: The one TXT record and three CNAME records appear in the portal and there is also an option to Download Record set as CSV.
Set up the verification records in your domain host provider
- Login to your domain host provider.
- Create the TXT and CNAME records to match the Name, Type and Value of the LearnUpon verification records.
Note: Some domain host providers don't accept TXT records that begin with an underscore. In this case, omit _amazonses from the record name. For example set up the TXT record as trainingcompany.com instead of _amazonses.trainingcompany.com.
Validation process and subscription to Amazon bounces
The validation process runs overnight to check for the verification records on the domain host. Upon finding the records it then sends a confirmation email from LearnUpon. It also triggers a separate email from Amazon to the custom email address to subscribe to bounce notifications. These are notifications for when an email delivery has failed and bounced back. This is helpful as it notifies you if an invite have been sent to an incorrect or invalid email address.
LearnUpon recommends subscribing to Amazon's bounce notifications.