Create and schedule custom reports, to run automatically daily, weekly or monthly.
This feature is available to all customers.
Routine automated reports help you monitor your learners' activity and enrollments effectively.
LearnUpon sends automated reports to the person who created the report by default. You can configure reports to send a copy to admins, managers, and instructors on the portal, or to external email addresses.
Note: LearnUpon sends scheduled reports only if any data has changed between the report dates. If no changes happen at all, LearnUpon doesn't send a report.
Access permissions for scheduling reports
Admins can set up reports in a portal without restrictions.
A manager can set up reports for all the users they manage in groups.
The rule of thumb: if the manager can view the user's profile, then the manager has permissions to set up a report.
If users belong to additional groups outside the manager's remit, the data related to those groups is not included in the manager's report.
An instructor can set up reports about courses, where they are the named instructor.
How to schedule a report
Set up a report and run it once. After you run it, you can access the Schedule feature.
- Select Reports, then select the report type you need.
- Adjust the filters as required and select Run Report. After you run the report once, LearnUpon shows Schedule as an option.
- Select Schedule to:
- enter a Title
- choose how often to repeat the report: one of Daily, Weekly, Monthly
- Select Create to finish.
The following screenshot shows the scheduling details for a monthly report.
Edit report filters, report schedules, and recipients
You can change an existing report to include additional courses, groups or calendar dates.
You can also change how often the report runs, and who receives the report.
For example, you can send the report to additional recipients. You can enter email addresses manually for any external recipients.
- Select Reports.
- In the secondary navigation, select My Schedules.
- Select the scheduled report you need to change.
- From the report page that opens:
- change the report title, schedule or recipients as required
- select Edit Filters to change what goes into the report
- Save to finish.
Tip: for additional email addresses, select Add so it appears below the field.
The following screenshot shows a monthly report which is cc'ed (courtesy copied) to an instructor, and to a recipient whose email was entered manually.